Course title: Wireless Hacking und Wireless Security
Course type: Intensive course on our online learning platform, in a small group along with other participants
Course length: 2 weeks (every Monday to Friday, weekends optional for practical exercises)
Motivation: you need to know about threats and attacks on wireless networks, as well as defensive countermeasures. You want to acquire the relevant knowledge about theory and practice as well, and you would like to apply and test your gained skills under the guidance of an experienced instructor. You need to protect networks against hacking attacks, therefore you depend on a deeper understanding of today’s attack- and defense methods. Then this course is right for you.
Course description: this course is all about WiFi and the security of wireless networks. We will study the different threats, weaknesses and attack methods. We’ll discuss the advantages and disadvantages of various attacks and corresponding hacking tools.
Within our training lessons and lab exercises, we practice different “real world” attack scenarios step by step. Similarly, we look at defensive countermeasures and study available options for hardening wireless network components and system settings.
Through this you will acquire the necessary technical and organizational skills as a wireless network security expert – both, offensive (analyst/auditor/pentester) and defensive (security expert/administrator/consultant).
All assessment- and hacking tools in this course are free of charge, most of them are open source. You can either install them on your own operating system (Linux recommended) or you can use a pre-configured, ready to go Kali Linux distribution. For practical training sessions, make sure that all exercises are conformable to law. We strongly discourage any attempt to illegal hacking activities.
Profit from the experience of other expert colleagues and our IT security experts, from their approaches and tips for successfully completing demanding security projects.
- Wireless technology overview: WiFi, Bluetooth and Co.
- IEEE 802.11 and relevanr WiFi standards in detail
- User authentisierung: methods, weaknesses, advantages and disadvantages
- Cryptographic basics to provide an understanding of known protocol weaknesses
- Threats, vulnerabilities and attack scenarios
- Wireless data package analysis with Wireshark and Co.
- Hacking tools: how to select the right tools depending on objective target, tool usage and practical advice
- Covert tracking of people and patterns of behavior
- Intercepting targets in hotels, airports and via rogue access points
- Industrial espionage and how to prevent it
- War driving
- Denial of service attacks on individuals and/or networks
- Secure configuration of wireless networks, routers and endpoints
- Evaluation and discussion of practical exercises and lessons learned
Over the course, you will regularly work through small tasks and receive tips and feedback from the course leader. You will discuss the course contents together with other participants in internal discussion forums and are able to participate in expert exchanges. Finally, towards the end of the course, you will create a short text based on a self-selected question (task takes a half to whole day).
Certificate of completion: if you completed your homework and your participation was regular you will receive upon completing the course a certificate of completion. The small tests are exclusively for your personal self-assessment; no grade is given.
Advantages: intensive, daily support from course leaders, discussions and expert exchanges with other participants, regular self-assessment through lots of multiple choice tests and quizzes, working through various tasks including feedback.
Target group: this course is aimed at consultants, companies and government employees with one of the following tasks:
- You are entrusted with the implementation (or contracting of) security assessments and audits
- You are responsible for the configuration and security of wireless networks and systems
- You have to know appropriate requirements when formulating security projects or tendering
- You are an experienced IT security professional and would like to see what working methods other colleagues make use of
- You are an IT expert and want to develop expertise in highly demanded cyber security topics
- Security managers
- Security consultants
- Law enforcement personnel
- Anyone who for work reasons wants to find out how to analyze wireless security in systems and networks
Prerequisites: Our courses are directed at participants with a background in IT. Basic knowledge of cyber security is useful in order to make the most of our course.
Requirements for participation:
- You would need to plan in about 8 hours daily (or, alternatively, all evenings plus weekend) for working through the course contents, completing the practical exercises and reading relevant standards
- You will require a computer (we recommend a separate notebook) with connection to the Internet, a word processor of your choice and the ability to create PDF documents
- For practical exercises, we recommend Kali Linux running in a virtual machine (e.g. Oracle Virtual Box or VMWare), or – if you prefer – you can install the necessary tools in a Linux environment of your choice. Moreover, you need an appropriate USB-stick WiFi adapter (more details upon request)
- Course date: currently in-house only
- Early Bird Discount: if you register up to one month before starting date: your course fee is 980 USD
- For late registrations (30 days or less before starting date): 1180 USD
- Payment is to be made after registration is confirmed. Places are limited, and as such early registration is recommended
Infos about the process and setup of our online courses are found >>here<<.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
→ Registration: You can register here with our online registration form.